How to make the bowl:
- Inflate the balloon and tie it with a knot. Bear in mind that the size of the balloon will determine the size of the bowl
- Cut the plaster bandages into small pieces and dip them in water. Wrap the bandage pieces round the top half of the balloon so they overlap. Carefully smooth down each layer
- Hang the balloons up to dry. Leave overnight and you will then be able to gently release the balloon from the bowl
Decorating the bowl: And now for the best part – adding the golden layer.
- Lay the protective covering over your work surface
- First, spray the inside of the bowl with Universal Primer; this will make the subsequent layer of gold paint stand out better
- After a short drying time, cover the primer with a coat of edding Permanent Spray in Rich Gold. We recommend to hold the can at a distance of 25 cm and use rapid strokes
- Once the paint is completely dry place a tea-light inside the bowl
Products and materials
- Plaster of Paris bandages
- Protective covering for your work area
edding chalk markers: Create designs on glass and smooth surfaces for any season or occasion
Subscribe to our newsletter, and we’ll send you inspirational and creative DIY ideas, along with details of our latest products and special offers.