Your Questions

You ask, we answer!

Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions relating to the category “Organising and Marking at home”.

Your question is not listed here? Then please send us an e-mail at – we will get back to you as soon as possible.

What can I do when the edding 750 paint marker, edding 8055 outdoor marker and edding 8050 tyre marker only make pale marks?

These edding markers write with pigment-based ink. Because of these pigments, the colour is very intense and attains a high coverage on a variety of materials.
Pigments are tiny colour particles distributed throughout the ink. They sink to the bottom of the ink tank and remain there – when the marker has been stored with the nib pointing upward for a long time, for example. When it is finally used again, the ink may appear somewhat pale.

Our tip: replace the cap and shake the edding marker vigorously until you can hear the noise the ball in the tank is making. This redistributes the pigment evenly throughout the ink and makes the colour intense again.

How can I replace the edding 750 paint marker nib?

The nib of the edding 750 paint marker was designed to be replaced easily. To replace the nib, simply use a pair of pliers or a similar tool to pull out the defective nib and insert the new one. Then replace the cap and re-activate the marker.

Replacement nibs for the edding 750 paint marker are available in all good stationers.

How can I replace the nib of the edding 2000 C and 850 permanent markers?

To replace the nib, remove the cap and unscrew the mouthpiece. Press the mouthpiece containing the nib onto a firm surface – for protection, place a piece of cardboard underneath it – to push the nib out of the other end of the mouthpiece. Then use a pair of pliers or a similar tool to grip the protruding end of the nib and pull it out completely. Insert the new nib into the mouthpiece from the rear and on a firm surface, carefully press it into the proper position. For the edding 2000 C permanent marker, this means that the nib should protrude approx. 6.0 mm beyond the mouthpiece and the edding 850 permanent marker should protrude approx. 8.0 mm. Now screw the mouthpiece back onto the barrel. You will be able to write again with the marker as soon as the nib is saturated with ink. Replace the cap after use.

Replacement nibs for the edding 2000 C and 850 permanent markers are available in all well-assorted stationers.

Ask your questions directly to our experts


edding International GmbH

Bookkoppel 7
D-22926 Ahrensburg

Tel: +49 (0)4102 808 - 0